Monday, March 23, 2015

Vin Diesel Names His Daughter Pauline, After Paul Walker

Last Week, Vin Diesel announced the birth of his new daughter with longtime girlfriend Paloma Jimenez. Now, the actor revealed that her name is a tribute to his late friend and "Fast and the Furious" series co-star, Paul Walker. "I named her Pauline," Diesel said in an interview with the "Today" show on Monday.



"He was in the room," Diesel told Natalie Morales. "There's no other person that I was thinking about as I was cutting this umbilical cord. I just ... knew he was there... It felt like, you know, a way to keep his memory a part of my family and a part of my world."



Paul Walker died in a car crash in November 2013, and the last movie he'll appear in, "Furious 7," recently premiered at South by Southwest Film Festival. During the premiere, producer Neal H. Moritz paid tribute to Walker and said, "He was really the best guy I ever met in my world -- in my life. When we decided we were going to continue this movie, we were determined to honor his legacy and our love for him forever."



Watch Vin Diesel's full interview below:









Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


















No comments:

Post a Comment