Thursday, November 7, 2013

Eminem On His Social Media Use: 'I Would Probably Get Caught Up In Some Ugly Arguments With People'

Eminem has long been known for his abrasive personality, but that's not something the rapper doesn't realize. In fact, it's the reason he mostly steers clear of social media.



"I really try not to pay attention," Eminem said during an interview with SiriusXM's "Town Hall" series. "Put it this way, I want to keep my finger on the pulse of what's going on, so I don't want to be ignorant in that sense. But, at the same time, I can't pay attention to what everyone is saying. I would never be able to make music, I don't think, if I got caught up in that. Because I would probably get caught up in some ugly arguments with people. 'Yo, drive to my house now.' It would consume a lot of my time and it would be very counterproductive for me to do that. But I still do, and that's what's f--ked up."



Eminem is, actually, on Twitter and Facebook, even if he "can't pay attention" to all that madness. With more than 16 million Twitter followers and 77 million Facebook fans, his feeds are relatively tame. He mainly uses the sites to promote his work and tweet links to TV appearances and magazine stories in which he's featured. Whether that really constitutes a new leaf from his defensive ways is in the eye of the beholder, but at least he's self-aware enough to know that his feuds with Christina Aguilera, Ja Rule, Moby, Cage and Insane Clown Posse are better served IRL.

No comments:

Post a Comment